Chiang Rai Climate & Temperature
- Chiang Rai, Thailand is at 19°57'N, 99°52'E, 393 m (1289 ft). See map.
- Chiang Rai has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months , no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Chiang Rai is situated in or near the subtropical dry forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 24 degrees Celsius (75.2 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 8.2 °C (14.8°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1733 mm (68.2 inches) which is equivalent to 1733 Litres/m² (42.51 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Chiang Rai you would come out nearest to the climate station at San Juan De Marcona, Peru where you would find a Subtropical desert climate (Warm temperate desert biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Chiang Rai, Thailand Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: